Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM
EmiliasNana

Originally Posted by yvonne54 View Post
wonderful quilt and love the label. Just want to warn you though that my mom is in the best nursing facility around our area and her quilts have all disappeared over time. She now has demenia, so she is not able to know the difference, but it sure hurts to put so much love and time into a quilt and have it evaporate. Sometimes they get dirty, so in the wash they go and then on any bed that comes along. We have learned the hard way. Hopefully your quilt is in a safer place where things don't go missing! Just a warning.
Thanks for the warning. It has her name on the label, however she is very independent, the resident librarian, still drives through Atlanta (several states away) to visit her kids, delivers Communion to residents, does her own laundry etc. so it should have many more years in her care. Then if, by the grace of God, it is "gifted" to someone else to keep them warm and comforted, then so be it. My mom on the other hand is getting dementia and will turn 90 in October. I plan on making her a bed sized churn dash quilt with the same wishes for love, while it is in her care. That's all I can hope for.