Old 02-01-2014, 06:34 AM
nhnative

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I'm about 60 miles from NYC out in suffollk county. to the superbowl about 1-2 hrs no traffic.with traffic a bit more. The Meadowlands, where it's being held is right over the George Washington Bridge. about 5-10 minutes into NJ. My dh is going to a party at the clubhouse where we live. I'm going out with friends to celebrate Chinese New year 2 days late.

You wouldn't catch me at that game. In muy younger yrs, I went there twice. I was numb with cold for hours after. evenif you're in the sun, it's too cold. wore a full length beaver ct and froze. I have dh recording it for the commercials
I used to go to Belmont Park for the horse races. It was about 4 1/2 hrs from where I lived in NH. I had even gone to Bay Shore when my son was 8 or so for a baseball tournament. On that trip we were looking for the Amityville house and of course I forgot the street address and I stopped somewhere to find out where it was and they were all laughing. When we did find it someone was living in it and it was painted orange and it is sideways not how they showed it in the movies. I lived about an hour from the Patriots and never would have thought about going to a game. It's icy now so I'm going to wait until it starts raining and warms up before I go to JoAnn's.