Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
oldpiglady

Originally Posted by Snippybebe View Post
A couple of years ago, I answered an ad on Kijiji (want ads). It was a young mother of 3 girls who lost her home due to fire. Their insurance coverage was not enough to cover her sewing goodies and she was looking for donations from fellow sew-ers who could spare anything...patterns, notions, fabric, anything at all. So, I went through my closet(s) of fabrics and such and ended up giving her 5 large trash bags filled to the brim of fabric and patterns and notions...She was so surprised and so grateful, ....Her girls rifled through picking out fabrics they liked and wanted mom to sew for them. So excited indeed.

It felt so good to know how much she appreciated it all. But, it made me take inventory and put a value on my goodies...I was shocked when I added it all up. Especially all the notions and patterns...My advice to everyone is to do a rough calculation and make sure you have enough coverage. I would be absolutely devastated to lose my collection.
Oh My! Yes!!! I just posted on another thread. I lost everything last year in a house fire. Many of you wonderful friends took care of me. I had nothing. I rec'd everything a girl would want. Even a couple sewing machines from out of state. It means the world to someone who has lost everything. Of course, I was sewing while naked cause I lost all my clothes. lol Only Kidding! Wonderful to be able to help when needed. Just wish I had taken the time to get renter's insurance.