Thread: Organizing HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 PM
grammy Dwynn

Default Organizing HELP

Frustration set in a few weeks ago. Digging through my stash for some pieces for applique. Then the other day after signing up for a class at my LQS and finding out I need about 120 2.5"squares/charms, I figured I would 'work' from my scrap/stash. This is where I started pulling my hair. Dig, dig, measure, dig, you get the picture

I have STUFFED my scraps for 11 years, and it is bursting at the seams ... I 'tried' to put in some sort of system, but have limited space. 2 drawers and one tub, the tub holds larger pieces (smaller than a FQ, but larger then a scrap) the drawers did start out with string/strips in one and the other was scraps, but that system has been lost over the years.

I have studied Bonnie Hunters system and have even made some of her free scrap quilts In hopes of it shrinking my scraps, hahaha. I wish I had her space but I don't.

So the last couple of days I have been going through the drawers. Cutting, pressing, stacking in 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 strip piles. Taking a break, right now. And to see if you have any suggestions.

MY QUESTIONS ~
What to do with the odd sizes? 4x5.5, 3x4.5, 6x7 etc.
Some are big enough to make nickles, should I make 5" square?
Should I trim the odd sizes to the next size square?
OR just leave it, for applique (for the future), in a nice pressed pile?

I know one thing that I AM going to start doing..... my next few quilts are going to be SCRAPS!