Old 02-05-2014, 03:02 PM
luvstoquilt

Sibi, I am so happy you get to go to your mother. Bless all of you and your sister for making it possible for you to go to her. All of you are in my prayers!!!

My mother barely speaks to anyone now but me and most of what she says makes no sense at all. The fun part is she remembers to do her make-up. They roll her in her bathroom and she does her make-up..Yes, the lipstick gets a bit to close to her nose but she still puts on her "war paint" and perfume. She has her hair done every Friday and her nails done every 2 weeks. She knows when it is time to do those things. She also knows if they try to dress her is something that isn't color coordinated. I made her a Valentine quilt and decorated her door with a wreath..she thinks she is making the quilt now for one of my sons. She is having her 96th birthday on the 23rd of this month and we will all be there with cake and ice cream. She will certainly eat it but she has no idea it will be her birthday. She has forgotten how to write her name, answer the telephone, call for assistance but she thinks she drives her (non existant) car all over the place and is just now back from Arizona and Texas. Some days I laugh and most days I cry. It is heart breaking. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

Yes, I do take care of myself. I didn't for a while but I bit the bullet and had all of the tests I have postponed. I was pretty nervous since I am a cancer survivor and I was way past due on my tests. I had a lot of excuses..my husband was very ill and then he died, my doctor died and then my mother came to live by me...now all tests are done and I am good. It was a pretty scary time after I finally decided I had to go. I promised everyone I will never do that again.