View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 PM
ncredbird

I am on low carb also and what I love most about it is after the initial induction process I am not having the cravings for carbs that used to haunt me all the time, I am not hungry between meals, and I can see doing this for a long long time. That being said, I have dieted all my life, have low thyroid, and am NOT what you would consider an active person. Also age has caught up to me at 64 and I want to go into the last part of my life without carrying around an extra 35 pounds. If you were to leave good bread and a good cookie on the counter I would eat the bread and leave the cookie. I am a baker so I can play with the recipes I have and improvise to still be able to find acceptable alternatives to some of the things I have been accustomed to serving my family (now only DH and me). I cannot however introduce grains back into my diet without gaining weight. Not even on a small scale. I suggest you find Low Carb Friends online and join (no charge). You will find lots of different programs represented, thousands of recipes, and just good advice and support. If you have questions post them and someone will answer and Good Luck! I have lost 10 pounds since Jan 1st which is less than I have been in 10 years. It is coming off very slowly compared to others but it is coming off. I have a birthday this week and I know DH is going to take me to lunch at my favorite place which serves hushpuppies (my all time favorite luxury) but I am already practicing saying NO and will stick to it! Ann