Old 02-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Jenniky

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Wow all the variety is really fun, except I find myself thinking what I have in my stash that would work for Autumn, Summer, Valentines day not even mentioning the entire bin of batiks. Badder you Valentine choices are really fun. Caroline love your summery look, so neat it is commemorative too. Judy love your Sunflower quilt. Have a lot of vanes left over, love to do something like that. This thread is really great because of the diversity. Well my Magpie tendency has kicked in yet again. Sorting through my "big" scraps I thought about a large quantity of flannel that I purchased when my daughter was a teen. Yeah never got it made, doesn't seem to work for any of the people I know now. So I started with a triangle and just worked strips around it. I know there are some truly beautiful string quilts , this is not that. This will probably be the back of a quilt, but having fun with the mindless stitching. The squares are 10 inches finished and as everyone knows not even making a dent.
Emma Thank you Thank you for sharing your string triangles What a truly wonderful idea for a backing. I will be borrowing your idea if its all right with you for the backing of my table topper.

Everyone is sharing some really beautiful fabric [scrappy/controlled scrappy] choices for their mystery toppers.

I'm off to work on my medallion quilt now. Have a great day all.