View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Elisabrat

thanks Jan!

I have to share something with you that was such a big mistake on my part and hopefully save one of you the heartbreak of making the same mistake. I used red scraps lots of them in my last round. I have started on another quilt while working between this and was going to use lots of red and white. I pulled yardage this time from my shelf and for some random reason I remembered.. red and white might bleed so test the fabrics thinking I had washed all of them before shelving them with my other fabrics (I rarely wash my fabrics first liking to work with the sizing that is in it for crisper lines). sure enough out of five fabrics . one bleed. I was so not happy. DH washed laundry for me threw in two color catchers and sure enough they came out dark pink. So he threw in another color catcher in the dryer.. also came out pink. I tested each fabric again and the one culprit still was bleeding. ARGH. ok wont use that one easy enough.. then it came to me. I had used small scraps of that red in my round here. I now have to go in and remove those blocks which will be a royal pain in the rear since I have already added my round for March. LESSON: TEST YOUR FABRICS to make sure they wont bleed. I never test scraps and now look at what I have to do to fix this. ugh ten times over. How to feel pretty stupid pretty darned quick. No wonder what today will hold for me .. rip rip rip and its hard btw to go into a quilt without removing a round .. that is work so pay attention to your quilt work!!!

on a good note I have march done so best be whipping on this round ladies. Whether you chose our rounds or a strip round to mellow it out (has to be done every so often on a busy quilt top) pick up your project give it a good look and well.. start cutting and sewing. I don't want to lose a single one of you! going to have to get Yosamitesa to come and cheerlead for us.. she was one many moons ago and has the shish boom ba thing down pat. She even dances on tables to get you going so if you want a show I will call her over otherwise.. SEW ladies SEW! you can do it imagine how fun it will be to have a finished top ready for quilting.. one you have never made before and will be all your own. TADA!