Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 PM
paintmejudy

I totally understand what Oksew just posted.

My mother died when my kids were still in grammar school (I was 33) but she had made a lot of things for the girls and for herself. Aropund 1960, when my dad retired and she did too, they moved to Tucson. She started making yo-yos and ended up making 2 quilts, one for each of the 3/4 size beds they slept in -- bigger than a twin, not as wide as a double and hung over quite a bit on the sides. Don't know if they even make that size mattress anymore! Each one has 3,000 yo-yos in it. When she died, my dad gave one each tome and to my sister, who, one time when I was at her house, I saw she had it folded up for a dog bed. Naturally I was horrified, but kept my mouth shut. Mine is folded at the end of the quest room bed, looking like an extra blanket to draw up. I used to look at the quilt and pick out things she had made, I think some of the scraps were from my aunt. But well over 30 years have passed and unfortunately I no longer can picture in my mind the way my child looked in a dress made by Grandma.