Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 AM
cindi

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
Hobby Lobby has a Zen Doodle section with some really cool books and patterns. Saw it when running in for something else and said, "Oh, man, I need to come back!" . Your creations are great!
Yobrosew, save your money on books and patterns. Go to www.tanglepatterns.com - they've got hundreds of free patterns that are featured in the books, and links to dozens of other tangle sites with even more patterns. And don't buy the Micron pens that are labeled for Zentangles. Get the pack that's got .005, .01, .02, .03, .05 and .08-sized pens. It's a better value and is all you'll need for tangles. Unless you want all of the "official" Zentangle patterns. Then you have to take a class to get those. Many of their patterns are in their newsletter online and at tanglepatterns, though.

I use the white 4.5x6" cardstock paper from Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section to draw on. They've got it right now 50% off (which means about $3 for 100 sheets!), a nice thickness, and a much better value than the "tiles" Zentangles wants you to buy. While those tiles are nice, throwing them away when you make a mistake is costly! Or just get an inexpensive 4x6 drawing tablet. I'm all for saving money when it comes to drawing, LOL!

Last edited by cindi; 02-21-2014 at 12:36 AM.