View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM
gale

Lightbulb Sharing my new ironing center

I finally got this done! It's made similar to my cutting table. I made a base with wheels and put some of my jetmax cubes on it for storage. I finally got the trim on the bottom of both-it really looks a lot better with the painted trim. I'm keeping all of the stuff I use a lot to iron in one of the drawers (the rest are miscellaneous junk I need to go through-eventually I'm hoping to keep fat quarters that aren't in sets in them). The white thing is a hair dryer/curling iron holder that I had in my bathroom but our new bathroom counter isn't big enough for it. I have a power strip to plug in my iron and there's a jar of scraps plus a jug of distilled water in there, along with my spray bottle and magic sizing. I can also fit my iron in there when I'm not using it. I'm sure I'll move things around and add things as I go when I decide what I need there. The top is plywood that is painted (it's actually cut from my old craft room desk) and I put a layer of insulated batting on it, and then the twill fabric topper. I used a casing with elastic so I can remove it for washing if needed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463807[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ironingcenter.jpg   ironingcenter2.jpg