View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Quilter 65

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes, Brat, it should have been a simple round, but I like to make things hard, I guess. It seems like a good idea until I start. I am not sure about the "creative process", rather trial and error. MH, I accidentally stumbled onto making the block this way when I put one together and was not paying attention. Then I thought, hmmmm, really like this. So it was a happy accident. I just couldn't get those HST to look anything but muddy until I used the lighter color, which I hadn't planned on at all. I was striving for balance. Now I have a new problem. The quilt is 39.5 inches square (seam included) so now have to figure out how to make a new round work out. Am anxious to see the ideas. Do you think you ever can get too many separating sashes without it looking funny? Am curious about that. I sure wished I had used a separating strip on one of the quilts I finished for my grandson, but it is quilted and bound and am not touching that again.

Linballs, I think those stars look really good. Their four points echo the darker four points in the center. I agree Whitepine that the stars are maybe overwhelming, but after reading all my trial and errors, not sure you should listen to me. I sure do like your center.

You ladies/gentlemen amaze and delight me with your pictures and comments. Brat, hope you are mending.