View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 AM
onthelake

I am so fortunate to belong to a group that meets every week in the fellowship hall of my church. We pass the "kitty" every week and suggest $1.00/weekly. Some may put in more, others may not be able to contribute. Our two facilitators are what I would consider master quilters and they are always ready to teach and assist us in learning techniques of improving our quilting. Some who don't quilt and have no desire to learn are involved in tying charity quilts, learning or teaching knitting, crocheting or some other craft and a few who just come for the fellowship and work on a personal project. We do various things during the year to raise money for the charity projects we support. We contribute several hundred dollars a year to the church for printing, kitchen supplies, etc. No requirements to join and we're up to more than 40 members. Our members come from all over the county and beyond, some drive as far as 26 miles one way to attend. They are all like my sisters and I don't know and don't care what their political beliefs are.