View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 07:22 AM
buslady

Blocks are lovely!! I cannot remember the names of the blocks, but I wrote them down. I will transfer them to the spreadsheet and bring to work at some point in time! Groovy's block was made using the "Sew Inspired" design templates. It is all about curves. They are all divisible by 2" or 3", depending on the size you choose. Then you can put the blocks together and the seams will always match and the curves get real funky! Spent way too much money on these for the amount I am using them, so trying to do more with them.
I made a block this weekend that was the tree that goes from corner to corner, can't remember the name of it. But due to my laziness, instead of trying to figure out the square demensions, I switched it from a 5x5 to a 6x6 so I could use 2.5" squares to finish 2" and then the 12.5" block. Well, my tree trunk is off center. Can't remake the block due to the VERY small pcs I cut the fabric into. I am thinking that I will applique some leaves on the larger side and pretend it was intentional. What you think? Would you be very disappointed to receive this block?