Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Divokittysmom

Default Upgraded Lighting, Paint, Ironing Station etc

I posted a few months ago my newly re merchandised Sewing room with all new furnishings.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...e-t232092.html

Since then my hubby and I painted my room my favorite color, Pink! A very soft shade of pale pink named; Ballerina Gown from Behr paint. I LOVE it! My wonderful hubby helped me hang shelves for my doll collection.
A few days ago I made an ironing station from my old Shape n Press boards. I tied two of them together with bias tape. Covered them with a layer of warm and natural batting and a layer of Thinsulate. Then I added a cute print to cover the boards. I love the results and now my 2 shape n press boards don't come apart when ironing.
The absolutely BEST thing is my new lighting system. With the new regulations for incandescent light bulbs being phased out we decided to upgrade the lights to the LED lightbulbs. I will preface this by saying they are frightfully expensive! However, they are warrantied for at least 25 years! I chose the 'Daylight' (the brightest) for my ceiling fixture. My sewing room is now flooded in bright, clear, 'true color' light!! It is fabulous!!! I have no trouble seeing while cutting, sewing etc anymore!!

I thought I would include a few updated photos with the last of the changes. I am sew sew happy with my new sewing room!! I am now working on some quilts to add to the main wall.
Attached Thumbnails img_20140301_155349_329.jpg   img_20140301_165819_805.jpg   img_20140301_163509_929.jpg   img_20140301_163450_367.jpg