View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Skyangel

Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
This is weird, did the seller repaint it? why would they sell it for so cheep? Repainted ones go for a lot because of the time and money that goes into restoring them. It must of been a gift to them? I would love to know about this story if your willing to share.
I bought it (My purple featherweight) a couple of years ago, and the story I got was this: The seller's mom bought it for her to get her interested in quilting. She was fairly young and moved to Portland to live with Dad and go to school here. ( I think she was from Houston, at least there was a repair tag in the case from Houston.) This was about 6 months later, and they were moving, she hadn't used it, decided to sell it. I am sure the Mom was not happy when she found out. She said "I know it's worth at least $600 but want to sell it fast" in her ad, so she knew what she was doing. I felt guilty for a brief moment but if I didn't buy it, someone else would. I was lucky to be the first to respond to her ad (within 1/2 hour of her posting) because I looked late at night as I was going to Portland in the morning.