Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Short an Sweet

I have those same fabrics, and they were sold and labeled as batik fat quarters, so don't be to hard on yourself, the only reason I didn't use those was because I just really really loved the one I did use, but thank you for the heads up cause now I will go and double check mine, I may reread the label.. maybe they said "batik like"?
Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
I wasn't going to say anything but after reading some things, I feel I have to. Yes, I am the guilty one that got in trouble with the quilt police. I joined this swap as a way to learn something new. I have learned so much from this board in the three years since I started quilting. I am grateful for this. I have had many, many positive experiences. But this swap has rubbed me the wrong way. As you can see, I m not an experienced quilter. Yes, to quote our hostess, "I thought we all knew that it is a very specific fabric." I guess I don't. I try to read the labels when I buy fabric to make sure. Especially if I am buying something for a swap. I wanted to use fabrics I already had for this swap. Part of new year's resolution. I am sure I am not the only one who has been a recipient of something that did not fully follow the guidelines of a swap. I think I sent my blocks early enough that they could have been looked at and maybe I could have had the chance to make and send new ones. Here is a picture of the front and backs of my blocks. I did 2 sets. I apologize for the error I made. I did not intend to send the wrong fabrics. Thank you.