Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 AM
charsuewilson

To the one who said you have to finish one project before starting another one, I would just tell her that the way I work works for me. I like the statement about a quilt being in time out. I guess I have one of those. It was my first attempt at a long star, with each individual diamond cut individually, and sewn individually. It won't lie flat. The top is done, and some day I may try to finish it. I also have a number of projects from a class. I tend to want a bigger quilt than what was proposed for the class and could possibly be finished in one 6-8 hour class day. So I have a lot of those that aren't quite finished. How long can I go at a time? Well, at retreats, get a good breakfast, get started quilting by 9 am, nibbling at snacks during the day, possibly stopping for dinner, and quitting around 11 pm. I generally take a number of projects to finish there and typically get a lot done. That's a little harder to do at home. There are more distractions there, but I can do a whole day quilting.