View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:54 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
This one takes a boat shuttle and is singer 12. You can get the parts for it but it will be pricy so get them down on the price.
Glenn, I'm curious, are you sure it's a Singer 12? It says Foster Porter and Co London on the slide plates. It looks like there's A bobbin on the bobbin winder.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
As much as I would like to bring it home, there's no way I can do that at the moment. We need the money for other fun things like food and bills.
At $270, there's a good chance I would probably pounce on it if I was there. It wouldn't be the first time a decision of mine meant macaroni and cheese for a couple of months straight. Heck, my basement is a testament to that at the moment!! I have a soft spot for those machines. I traded my Winselmann away and it's the only one I miss. Not that I advocate doing that, I'm just stating what I know I'm guilty of.

The thing too is that you simply don't see those machines here. The Winselmann is the only one I've ever seen of that sort of vintage. The next oldest is the 1889 VS2 that I have here, and it's not nearly as uncommon as these machines.