Old 03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Libster

I've donated a queen size patriotic sampler quilt to be raffled by my Extension Community Association (used to be called Home Extension). We are a non-profit charity club. We have three clubs in our county. We all recently met at the local Ag Center and made breast cancer pillows. I donated all of the flannel for the pillow cases and all the muslin for the pillows. We made 6 dozen pillows in a little under 4 hours. As soon as we finished them, I took them to our local hospital and donated all of them to the Levine Cancer Center to be used by chemo patients. They are always most appreciative to receive them. We'll be holding a Chemo Cap workshop before long. There are so many little things you can do that means so much to someone in need.
My quilt guild has also made baby quilts and donated them to our local Crisis Pregnancy Center. We like that the girls have to take parenting classes and earn merits to earn these quilts. There is some stiff competition going on for them. We've made several raffle quilts to benefit our church building fund.

Last edited by Libster; 03-12-2014 at 04:03 PM.