View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Trisher

Originally Posted by Purpleprint View Post
What in the world are comic book boards, egad am I getting old.
"they are a fairly heavy weight card stock that comic book owners use to help store the comic books in a flat, straight, non bendy kind of way. So we are essentially going to use them to do the same thing for fabric."

"
Funny Note: I first purchased these at a local comic book store that happened, by coincidence, to be located right next door to a quilt shop. I cautiously entered the store, a place I have never frequented before and inquired about the boards. The man behind the counter told me where they were and I felt the need to tell him why I was looking for them. I personally expected him to be surprised at the ingenuity and new use of his product. But he just nodded and smiled and said he sells a lot more of these to quilters than he does to comic book owners. LOL. So much for thinking it was a fairly unheard of concept. He even told me which type the quilters normally purchased."

I lifted these quotes from a blog --
http://cuttopieces.blogspot.ca/2011/...-tutorial.html

I wrapped the yardage in my stash around the boards, and voila! I have 'baby' bolts of fabric! Just like the 'mommy' bolts of fabric at the LQS!