Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 AM
QuiltingHaven

Yes, I wash all. I have the open mesh bags that I put the charm packs and jelly rolls in to wash before i use them. I always wash yardage and so that I don't have shrinkage from the precuts, I wash them all. I also use the color catchers in the mesh bags when I wash and you would be greatly surprised at the amount of color that shows up in the wash on these color catchers. Now, I only wash them once, and then when I wash the finished item, I use the color catchers again. I usually put three color catchers in the bags and I do re-use them if they have only a tinge of color to them. If they at black or red when they come out, they are gone!! I schedule my washing and allow time to iron and starch the fabric after it has dried. I usually put them in the dryer for 10 minutes and take them out and hang the fabric up so that it doesn't dry in a ball and I use the woolies (6 of them) in the dryer (they are like a tennis ball only made of wool) and they help make the fabric not as wrinkled. I hang up the jelly rolls on a rack (slightly damp, don't stretch) and lay out the damp charm packs/layer cakes on the top of the dryer. I allow all of this as "quilt prep" and it usually takes a couple of days to just get the fabric ready.