Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM
jbaby

Originally Posted by omaluvs2quilt View Post
I got the Sweet 16 while I was quilting my sister's super king, I knew I would never get it under my Janome 6600. I also did not have the room for a longarm, so opted for the sit down. I have to admit though, at times I'm with Lori S, and do occasionally opt for using a professional. It would definitely be cost effective, I just struggle with the concept of not completing every step of the process myself.
I could have written this myself. I have a Janome 6600 and plan to get a Sweet 16 when I return to the US. Even though I haven't purchased yet, the decision for me to do so was that I spent so much time carefully piecing a beautiful quilt top, and then it looked all amateur hour when it came to the quilting. I made 11 (lap top sized) quilts, so I would expect to see more improvement than I saw. I felt like I was becoming limited by my machine. I want something dedicated that I can go to each time and know what to expect. Also, I want the extra room so that I don't feel like I'm wadding up the quilts I'm working on. I spray baste, and I always cringe when I wad it through the machine thinking things are shifting in the process.