View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Elisabrat

I love the ribbon in your avatar surely your not talking about THAT ribbon are you urgodschild? wowsa if you are because I see something different than you do.

Well since its Saturday and a bunch of you might be home vs Tuesday when half of you are home Jan and I decided to surprise you with our next rounds. Mine is so easy its not funny its a simple box in a box. You make a square of your size chosing. Ideally if its a 4.5 inch box you would do a 1.5 inch center square, frame it on two sides identical sizes. Then go to top and bottom same sizing but the entire length of quilt so it would be now cut 1.5 x 4.5. Or subsequently if you chose to do a 6.5 inch block you start with a center 2.5" then add a frame that is 2.5 on two sides and another that is 2.5 x 6.5 on the opposite two sides to make a full square. tada! mine I chose is 7.5 and I also chose to do a larger center and a smaller side width. Its a bit wonky but I like it for the purpose that I needed it. My quilt is very bold and bright to this point. Next month I too will do a ribbon block three squares up to finish out my quilt. I hope to see what you have chosen along the way and I hope your having fun while doing it. Its all about learning these rounds so they get easier and easier and figuring out the math so you can make it work and if it DOESNT mathematically work for you what is your solution to it! and sharing what you have learned and teaching us a thing or two is a marvelous thing also. Consider this your learning curve so you can just bounce off anytime and do what you think works best for YOUR quilt. I am working on another quilt. I was originally going to do a 8.5 inch on top and bottom and then a 4.5 on the sides but decided I really love the round so went full kilter the whole way and .. I love it. Lessons we learn!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 10153037_809310495749785_1698413181_n.jpg