View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Quilter 65

Hi, ladies. Back from a church carry-in and so full. I surely hope it doesn't snow here Jaba. It was 83 degrees yesterday and they are forecasting snow tonight. Yikes. MamaHen, thanks for the reminder about shrinkage. I had washed all this material as soon as I bought it so it SHOULDN'T do so. This is the second quilt I have made from these fabrics, Jaba, so trying to use it all up. I watch sales like a hawk and buy when it is on sale and hopefully can snatch a coupon off the internet. Which brings me to an issue, I am going to have to measure all the striped fabric and be sure I have enough. I maybe just a bit short and then I will have to figure something else out. Fortunately I have some other striped that I can maybe substitute that I haven't already used a bunch of. This is fun figuring it all out. I need to grow the sashing strips by 1/4 inch per seam on the ends so it will get to 64" and then the border will work. Hope that doesn't look dorky and I have thought about how to do that without being too obvious. We'll see if it works out. Jillmc, I looked at MHs floating ribbon a while myself. Really liked it and actually like yours without the float. I think I will have to float the SNSNS however.