View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:53 PM
jaba

quilter65 you had told me you pre-washed your fabric so that is the reason I said I didn't think it would shrink very much. Don't know about where you live or anyone else but your fabric to me looks like it is a metallic, which is more expensive and here anything....and I mean anything with any metallic is at least a $1 more a yard for fabric. I just looked at 2 different lines of fabric that went together and each one had a metallic type match and instead of $12.99 or $11.99 a yard the metallic match or "blend" to that fabric line was $13.99 and $12.99. Guess that tiny bit of metallic makes it more expensive, so the other is cheaper fabric? Needless to say and I will admit I bought only 1 of the fabric lines. To me if I can find $9 - $10 a yard fabric, that is cheap, seems still very pricey on a whole quilt. Not bit--ing, just my neck of the woods and very few fabric shops, actually 2 within a 120 mile radius.
PamH don't know what to tell you that it is not measuring out for you. Every machine is certainly different. On mine it works beautifully and the way I sew seams, maybe on yours you need to cut at 3 1/8" and then just square up your blocks so they are the right size. Sorry I can't be of more assistant to you.