View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Lady Diana

What is it with the airline people telling you to be sure to bring some bubble wrap, just in case you have to check it.
THEY HAVE TO BE KIDDING.What in the world do they think bubble wrap is going to do?? Always think of a piece of luggage being dropped from the plane to the concrete tarmac. Because that happens everyday. NEVER CHECK YOUR MACHINE. ALSO NEVER USE UPS FOR SHIPPING. I have had three machines severely damaged by them....(the shipper used them, not me) My last machine, I asked for and paid extra to use FedEx. UPS CLAIMS told me, all boxes go end over end numerous times in shipment and they DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO 'THIS END UP' OR FRAGILE! That they pay halfway attention if it says 'GLASS' on the outside. Can you believe that, from UPS no less. I like .... order one from allbrands and have it shipped...I have always received their machines within two days. I have a Janome 3160 that is 11 lbs. that I have carried many times. I always had a nice gentleman to help me lay it on its side in the over head. Call a guild or sewing machine dealer and see if you can rent one of their used machines. I had a dealer in Lake Tahoe that allowed me to come to their store and sew every day for a week while my husband was at a conference. I took long breaks to sit by the lake...it was wonderful. I digress. Best wishes and have fun sewing.