View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 04:13 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Thanks to all of you....Now I am facing a new problem...when I try to rewind...( yes, I do move the stick to the right ) the needle is jumping up and down and of course I know its not normal..... .....I am crying mu heart out....the dealer is soooooo far away...... Any suggestions? ??????

No need to be crying your heart off! Read your manual. Unplug the foot pedal from the Janome (i have 3 of them) and the machine will not "stitch" during the winding of bobbins. Once you push the bobbin post into winding position, all should be well.

A word of advice...well meaning word, i never relied on my machine dealer to help me learn machine embroidery, etc all of these years. He did not have anyone on staff working when I needed help or it was a Sunday or after hours, etc. I re-read the manuals, I do as you are doing, ask the Board! Even with my latest purchase in November, the owners manual lacks in some technical "tips" or info so asking for help, sharing advice. Here and on other forums is most helpful. Janome has a forum on their website. Go there too, join and ask away!

Enjoy your machine...after 8 years of machine embroidery, I learn something new every day.

i also don't feel "limited" with my 5 X 7 hoop. I love to personalize my polo shirts with cute designs, sayings, etc. I admit to never using my Giga hoop for my Janome 9700. Embroidery takes a lot of time to do and hooping, re hooping, positioning, etc takes even more time and expertise. I have always been very happy with the hoops I have. Maybe I am too lazy to learn! lol! Pick your poison.

have FUN,

sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 04-22-2014 at 04:17 AM.