View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 AM
QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
Nice gift for the pet - I just completed piecing and layering a full size quilt and wanted to make a small practice sandwich to see if my quilting design and thread choice would work out - now I know my practice sandwich will be a pet quilt! Thanks for sharing your idea!
I teach my Groups to practise before making a full quilt, if in doubt and the best thing to use is that pile of odd pillowcases that everyone has! Fantastic for practise FMQ and other such things and their finished uses runs into dozens, like protectors from the cold out on the garden seats, walls etc. protect car seats from accidents and muddy paws. Wonderful for folk with "pee" problems, especially those in wheel chairs who can get embarrassed, the list is ongoing.

Completely off subject I have even made the prettiest of sunhats for chemo patients! I used the patterns from here http://www.brimmingwithlove.org/ and my sisters favourite was the wide brimmed hat made with just one pillowcase and a scrap piece of toning fabric for the brim.