Old 05-04-2014, 03:21 AM
redcardinal

I recently bought some fabric on ebay. The listing showed the correct fabric but, the seller sent a different yet similar one. Initial response from the seller was not good. He was "confused" about how I didn't like the fabric he sent, didn't want to pay me back for the shipping fees I had paid if I returned the fabric even tho he did acknowledged he sent a different fabric from the one pictured on the listing. I called ebay and talked to a rep there and she advised me to go into my file on that listing and mark that I was not accepting the sale....forget now exactly how that is done. But, it triggers a note to the seller that there is a problem and the note comes from ebay and if you were returning the item due to a seller error, the seller does not get their listing fees returned to them from the original sale. Within 2 hours, I had a note from the seller going on and on about why I contacted ebay and etc. but, he offered to accept the return, pay the shipping costs to return the material and he relented and returned the purchase price and shipping costs I had paid via paypal. I got the phone number for ebay by doing a google search for ebay customer service. so, that might be an option if you can't work something out with the seller so that you are satisfied.