View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:11 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
but the simultaneous draw is probably not all that much. I have an old house built in 1937, everthing was on about 4 circuits originally,... they didn't have much stuff in those days!
Probably not. 4 of the lights are on any time I'm down there, 2 35w halogens in each fixture. Sometimes all of them. I will test this weekend to see what all is on that circuit. If it looks "OK", I will wire in an outlet. I guess I'm just reluctant because every time I deal with electrical in that room, it takes way longer than it should because the yahoo who originally did the wiring did some really weird things that I correct as I go along.

Of course, an outlet at ceiling height means that I need a step stool every time I want to plug something in.... hmmm. This may take some more thought.

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I smash the end of a Q-tip with pliers to make it flat so it can get into narrower spaces for cleaning.
I like that! I often will twirl or pull some of the fluff out a little to make it smaller, but flatter would help more in some of those situations!