Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

We are like a little family here lynnie. It's an extra blessing.
Karen glad everything was ok. You have given a lot of blood. They never will take mine. Too much wrong with it. lol
I thought the hexie's would be a lot of work too, but they weren't too bad. Now I don't have those ready cut papers or ready cut fabric. I just cut some squares that when I laid a template out of paper on a square that the square would leave enough room around them. You don't have to be that accurate or I wasn't, and then I took my scissors and just cut the fabric a side at a time around the hexie. I just held mine, but you can put a pin in the center. One thing I did that I read that helped me was after I had some cut out, after I folded over one little side then I put a paper clip over it, and made stitches after a pressed the next little side over the paper counter clock wise. I have lots of sewing to do, but it was something relaxing while watching a movie with my husband doing hand work. Lynnie got me interested in it, and I am glad she did.

Now for a pic or two of special goodies I had received from Lynnie who is so crafty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]476091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476092[/ATTACH]
The first pic is the card with a cute bumble bee, and the mirror she embellished so pretty, and the key chain with pretty beads and charms.
The second pic shows the work she did on the back. It's such beautiful work, it must have been done on her embroidery machine.
I really love it Lynnie. It's been a long time since I had a new key chain, and I like pretty mirrors. My daughter in law recently got her an embroidery machine so I am going to show her what you did with that mirror. She will love it.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2026-small-.jpg   100_2029-small-.jpg