View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Bee Beatty

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning Joan, A second fabric IS OPTIONAL if you wish to send it and a single block would be made with those 2 fabrics, just like you did with Themamahauser's block in Boom 12. I believe it's not about not trusting the group members to match one's fabric but more about having a certain vision for one's quilt. We're going to do this as a trial, totally optional. Do whichever you prefer.
Joan, All,

My thought about sending the second background fabric is as Janice described above..."not about trusting the members to match my fabric, but more about the final design of the quilt...." Sending a different F8 Christmas focus fabric to each group member will create a lot of variety in the blocks. Providing the second background fabric, cut from the same off-white, snow flake fabric will create the overall design look of the quilt. As for the design of each individual block ----go for it! Use as many colors and any design you like. Just sayin'..if you choose to use white, off white, ivory, almond, etc.......you will have the second F8 to use.

BUT (When I read Janice's original e-mail upon first glance, the words BIG MASSIVE BUT jumped off the page! I have been ROTFLOL ever since... , I do not want to impact Janice in any way! I so love these swaps and the wonderful support and learning experience they provide....not to mention the great people I have met! Having a new idea is in my wiring...that's how I earned the name Buzzy Bee! BUT not every new idea is a good idea! That's why these Boom Swaps are perfect for me. I trust members to have everyone's best interest at heart....and help me keep it real! Love all you swappers! Happy to rethink my idea on this.

Buzzy Bee