View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Janice McC

Default UPDATE: WAIT LIST, GROUP SIZE, F8s and SHIPPING

Good afternoon swappers!
These last few days have seen the groups emerge larger than I anticipated so any sign-ups from here on out will be on a waiting list as we'd have to wait weeks to get enough for a 3rd group and my estimated timeline would be blown to smithereens.

There are 2 groups, a 4 month and a 2 month, both with 20 people each. I know this is a larger number than was anticipated but breaking each group into 10 isn't an answer so 20 it is and I'm capping it here. If anyone has signed up and is unhappy with the group size, please EMAIL me as soon as possible to let me know and I'll withdraw your name and make room for any late sign-ups. And really, particularly those in both groups, please be sure of your commitment and your ability to fulfill it. If unsure, please let me know sooner rather than later. I don't want to turn anyone away only to have someone quit after we get started.

I'll keep sign-ups open, wait-listing people from this post time on, and officially close them on Sunday. That means Monday, I'll email everyone, post groups and dates, and you may begin mailing me your F8s. Reminder! We use Fat 8ths, 18x11 inch pieces of fabric (or thereabouts due to shrinkage), NOT 9x22 inch pieces. Please remember to prewash, press and wrap them individually in the absolute flattest way possible to ship - no bulky large ziplock bags with plastic zippers. Many of you will be in both groups and shipping 40 F8s in one flat rate package will be a challenge. However, if everyone respects the small packages request, it can probably be done or you'll have to ship each group separately. Remember, even if groups have to be shipped separately, mailing costs remain lower than individually mailing 40 f8s and then 40 completed blocks. Those in a single group will have no trouble shipping in a single package but please respect the small ziplock bag request too.

Anyone with any questions, please email me at [email protected]. I'll be in touch here through the weekend with updates, if any, and will email everyone on Monday with groups. And don't forget to let me know if the groups are too large for you or you wish to drop a group for any reason at all. Absolutely no hard feelings and better now than later! And as of now, any sign-ups will be wait-listed.

Whew...we're almost ready to begin!

Janice McC