View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Janice McC

Yes, the question makes sense and is a great question! Thanks. Well, first of all, those of you in a single group, you need to send 19 fabrics as you are the 20th. Those in two groups will need to send 38. (Thank you to Groovy Pieces for emailing me about how many to cut. Serendipity at work!) As for when to mail, I'd like to get ALL F8s here within 3 weeks but 2 weeks would be better. We have Gaijin in Japan sending and it will definitely take her more time to ship but as she's always on top of things, I suspect she'll get it done fast. So, that being said, ALL f8s should be in my hands on June 23rd, regardless of the group. The clock starts running the day I ship to you, which, hopefully should be by June 25th. You know I like to turn everything around FAST but with many people having two groups, the chance of a foul-up on my part increases if I go too fast. Now, for those of you in two groups, if you want me to mail your groups separately, then yes, mail me two prepaid USPS padded flat rate envelopes OR double postage in cash, $6 for each. If you want to combine shipping for both groups, then I will hold your f8s for the second group. AGAIN, I cannot stress this enough, if the packages are too full, separate shipping may be required. You all will probably know before I do as you'll be sending me 38 F8s. To date, I've squeezed 31 completed blocks into one envelope and that was without everyone TRYING to make their individual packages small. If everyone works at it, I think it will work.

In fact, the first person who gets their fabric cut and ready to mail in a single usps padded flat rate envelope, EMAIL me before you ship and we'll run an experiment. Remember to EMAIL me at [email protected] for details.

Don't forget, these numbers remain tentative until I see if anyone wants to make any changes. I won't allow the groups to be any larger than 20 but it's possible the number could drop once the word gets out. On Monday, the numbers will be final. I will be emailing everyone on Monday and posting groups.

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
40 total people? Question: Will those of us in both groups be receiving two packages instead of one, since the "fast" group will have a sooner mailing date? If so, we'd need to send double the return postage, right? (Hope that makes sense.)

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-29-2014 at 01:58 PM.