View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Groovy Pieces

Default Going Vintage . . . .

. . . . this Boomerang.

To say this forum is the best on the Web, is a true understatement. The ABSOLUTE BEST EVER GOLD NUGGET I learned from the QB was the Comic Board. I found some & bought 300 & I haven't made the slightest dent in my stash. Why am I sharing this with you, you ask? Once you get fabric boarded and organized, it's literally like shopping in your own quilt shop.

3 of the fabrics I boarded are being used for this Boom. The 2 antique cream & 'blue' (if someone can tell me the color of that 'blue', I would really appreciate it) were given to me from my Mom, who had them for gobs of years before I got'em (and that was at least 10 years ago, seriously). The Third piece, only 2 of those in the pack, came from a yard sale of a woman who decided to join the Holy Order. This lady had been divorced 12 years after a 23 year marriage, 3 or 4 very grown kids, in turn, came a number of grands. I've got goo-gobs of really good pieces from that sale. I think about that lady when I use a piece of her fabric. . . .

Anyway . . . . my request is simple: DARK BLUE. Only use Dark Blue, please. To those who get the one of the 2 'flowers': use DARK BLUE please. I know the fabric has a 'blackground' with brown to it, but, the dark blue will read well with the other blocks. I'm using those two blocks as (1) the corner units and (2) as the Medallion. Of course, I have loads to make the remaining corner blocks and the medallion center pieces for the Veterans' quilts I will create.

Really looking forward to contributing to your Masterpieces. . . . GP

Attached Thumbnails 100_0374.jpg   100_0375.jpg   100_0372.jpg