View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 AM
Janice McC

Default Boom 13 sign-ups are closed!

Good morning swappers! Sign-ups are closed and as promised, group size remains at 20 so everyone will need to cut 19 F8s per group. I do have people on a waiting list so anyone who wishes to drop, please let me know asap so I can put another person in your place.

Later today, I'll send out an email to each group separately so those of you in both groups will get two. Please hit 'reply' after you've read them so i know you've got the dates and my address.

Reminder! Please prepare your fabric properly. Pre-wash, press, de-selvege, cut into 18 x 11 inch pieces, press small to fit as flat as possible in small ziplocks, seal, label with your color requests and your names, and put inside a larger ziplock bag, one for each group. Then put the whole thing inside your mailing envelope with a pre-paid return envelope or cash or stamps to cover the cost of returning f8s to you.

Scraps!!! Traditionally, the scraps from the F8s you receive are kept. Occasionally the sender needs the scraps back so if that is you, please let the group know in your fabric comments. Otherwise, everyone may feel free to keep the scraps if you like or return them if you are unlikely to use/need them. Then get ready to mail to me.

Shipping!!!! When you mail, use tracking and send the tracking number to me WHEN YOU GET IT. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT SHIP WITHOUT ADVISING ME WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER IN ADVANCE. These days I am seldom at home so I make special arrangements EACH and EVERY DAY I anticipate a package. If I don't know a package is coming, it can sit outside for hours or even over a weekend unattended. (We've not lost a package yet but one was temporarily misplaced by a misguided neighbor who realized i was away and attempted to "help" me by picking up my mail but not informing me and then hanging onto it for a couple of days. It upset both the sender and me when I realized it was missing - and I hadn't expected it to be on the way! Happily, that time it turned up but who knows the next time?)

Last thing for now. I will be establishing a dedicated thread for each group later today. Until the thread for your group is established, go ahead and post here as you like. Later, we'll abandon this thread and move to those threads. This one will be shut down once we've shifted.

Thanks so much for everything! I've enjoyed getting you this far and look forward to the next step: all those lovely fabrics passing through my hands on the way to you!

Happy Stitching!
Janice