Old 06-03-2014, 04:50 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

**blush**
You're all being just too over kind with your words.
Thanks for giving me the inspiration!!!!!!

GGal ... Looks like we were much on the same wave length. You dug into your creativity reserves and came up with a terrific quilt, combining two sets of exchange blocks. Amazing!!!!! I think yours grew too ... didn't you start out planning a wall hanging? BTW ... I don't think you ever posted that pic on this thread. Would you, please?

As you picked up on it, ... mine just "grew"!!! I started with playing with the blocks for a typical runner or topper, and at first, I was going for the topper layout, much like they are in the quilt. Then started adding the TATW fabrics. When I got out to the edge, I liked the look that was happening, but it just looked incomplete. So cut some more blocks .... now it was starting to look better. Then decided needed a bit more length ... more blocks cut. It took some creative re-arranging though, as I would decide on where to put them, but be a block or two short. All the fabrics got used up, except the light green with the roses. I do have a runner that I made once the top was made that used the leftovers and it became a practice piece before the FMQing on the real thing happened!