View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:00 AM
QltrSue

Sometimes there is a plan, othertimes there is trial/testing/experimenting just for fun. I love little nine-patches, so at one time, they were my scrappy handpiecing take along project with no end result in mind. But as I made them, ideas and projects presented themselves as possibilities for finishing. And the small blocks turned into a quilt that I am very happy with. When people would ask me what I was going to do with them, I would say, "I don't know yet." Some shook their heads in disapproval and others understood. I just liked making the blocks and using bits of time. Now I am doing EPP for the same reasons, just because I like hexis and jewel shapes. I'm sure ideas will come along when the time is right. My mom would never understand this lack of plan; growing up, we didn't have the "luxury" of "wasting" either time or supplies (even scraps!). But these days I see the value in testing, experimenting, trying different things. Sometimes my experiments turn into finished projects, sometimes not, but there is always learning. (Oftentimes, what NOT to do!! lol)