View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 AM
Gerbie

I hope your effort and time does have some appreciation much more than my effort years ago. For Mother's Day I made my mother and my MIL each a quillow for their beds, king & full size. Both were white with a machine embroidered large rose of their favorite color on the pocket of each. I spent lots of time on these. I never did see my MIL use hers, and just assumed she had it put away for some reason. Later she had to move from her home in another town to be near her sons. Her home was given to a grandson. My DD rents that house now from the GS. DH and I were there helping DD with yard work two summers ago and I noticed a white mat (I thought) lying in front of one of the storage buildings. I picked it up only to discover that it was the pocket with emb. rose from MIL's quillow, that had been literally "cut off" of the quillow itself, who knows where the rest was. DD's puppy had drug it out of the storage building. I was absolutely furious, so was DH. So like others I would suggest perhaps keeping the quilt for yourself and giving MIL something else, as we all know making any size quilt takes lots of time and effort and should never go unappreciated.