Old 06-10-2014, 02:20 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Oh I love those pretty bookmarks. I have a few in my family that I would like to make some for. Oh, I just thought that would be a great thing to make for all my great nieces when they start back to school. They always have to see how many points they can get to stay on top with their reading program. I have a teacher friend of mine that if I could ever get some made would love having some to encourage her students with these by awarding one of these to each one as they reach a certain goal.

Mary do you make them with anything between the fabric or ironed to each side? I want to make one for my hubby too. He is an avid reader.

I am typing to forget the bad storm we just came through with hail and high winds. It still doesn't look good out.

I have to tell you all about something.
I had a little pincushion I found several years ago, long before I was making any or even quilting/sewing much at all. I have looked and looked for it, because I can't imagine I would have just thrown it out. It was a little old time wringer washing machine. Someone had used short bits of plastic straws to make the rollers that the clothes went through. It was maybe about 4 inches tall, and I think the shape was constructed out of some of that plastic canvas, and then filled in with colors of thread. It stood on the legs, and just very detailed. Oh I wish I could find it. I never mentioned it, because I was hoping to find it. I haven't given up hope yet. lol...

Well, can't wait to see the picture lynnie is talking about. I bet it is so pretty. Lynnie that food you just mentioned sounds like my kind of food in the summer, well just about anytime. My son grills outside on his deck in the middle of the winter, because he loves grilled food better than any, and he insists on the charcoal over gas. Sometimes he will add little wooden chips of sorts too. His deck where he grills is not far from his kitchen so his wife gets the fixens ready while he does the grilling. lol You also having me now dying for some corn on the cob. That is my favorite. Now I have got to fix some baked squash with cheese in it. A new recipe I want to try.

Have a good evening. NO STORMS!!!