View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Pagzz

Originally Posted by Terri D. View Post
I'd go as someone's guest and see if things have really changed and then make a decision. I think this is a common problem for guilds, as you are not the first person to describe this kind of vibe at a guild. I have had a similar experience to yours as well.

What's more fun is to start a small quilt group of your own, limiting the membership to a manageable number. That's what we did and we're all very happy. No politics, no gossiping, no cliques.
Perceptions are interesting. Based on what you wrote about limiting membership some would call your group a clique. I am not trying to be argumentative, just pointing it out. I am on the side that thinks most groups are good and I won't be deterred by some snobs, or quilt police whether on this board or in person.

I have belonged to some guilds where I mainly went to hear the program and some where I participated more.

I firmly believe I am the person in control of my experience whether it is at work, or a social situation like a guild or church. I don't let others "make" me miserable. If I am getting annoyed then I try to remedy the situation but I do try to track that I own and control my emotions.