View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Dina

Default Question on miniature Bargello

What size would you make a miniature Bargello? I am making one for the miniature auction during our quilt show, and I am halfway in the "creation stage." The rules I have say that the perimeter shouldn't be more than 100 inches.

I have already made 2 miniatures for the auction....15 x 19inches, and 13 x 16 inches, though neither was a Bargello. This one looks like it will be 15 x 22, unless I leave the outer right and left strips off and remove the bottom three squares of each strip, and then it will be 13 x 19 inches.

Here is what I have pinned to my design wall, but I still have to sew the vertical strips together, so each square will be 1/2 inch thinner. This size will end up 15 x 22 inches, unless I decide to make it smaller. Can you visualize it just a bit skinnier and shorter, or does it look like it will end up okay as it is? It will have a 1/4 inner light border and then a 1 inch or 1 1/4 inch outer dark border.

I am leaning towards the smaller size, even though I know that both sizes meet the requirements of the auction.

Which would you do...the smaller one or athelarger one? Thanks for any opinions.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001850.jpg