View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 06:08 AM
KalamaQuilts

Hugs to all our fallen soldiers !
I had carpal tunnel surgery last Thursday and hemmed two pair of slacks Monday. Yesterday I did binding all day. easy peasy. I did not have anesthesia because I left mom home alone and was in a tearing hurry to out. Arrived at 6:45 AM was home by 8:30.

Yoga ideas. Have you heard of restorative yoga? You use bolsters and blankets to lean over or rest the joint on and just slowly relax into the post getting the same good from for active yoga. I've been through every yoga dvd on the planet , My favorite is Restorative yoga practice with Deborah Donohue. she wears a lycra body suit so you can see where the props need to be in order to get the right stretch. Two other gentle yoga practices are Yoga Therapy Prescriptions with Laura Hawes and Yoga for stress Relief with Barbara Benaugh.

My fitbit step recorder is whining, I think I broke a bone in my left foot but since I know there isn't anything to be done about that sort of break I've just got it wrapped and am carrying on as usual, with less walking. One thing I've learned over the years, exercise is good for all our parts, but not so much for losing weight. At my weight 30 minutes of dancing only burns 162 calories. 1-1/2 slices of bread... Here's a chart http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/lookup

I don't say that to discourage any of us from getting out of our chairs, but just to remind myself it is the elbow bending, hand to mouth that counts in the end.

hugs and power to us all, Sharyn