Old 06-19-2014, 06:16 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I don't have any knowledge of the HQ II frame, but there is some work involved with loading a quilt onto any frame, and it becomes easier with time. Also there are many ways of loading a quilt - pins, zipper systems, Velcro, Red Snappers to name a few, and some are easier and faster than others. If I compare loading the quilt with basting the quilt sandwich (again many methods - pins, basting spray, Elmer's glue, needle and thread,...) I would much prefer loading the quilt on the frame.

Now, although my clear preference is for frame quilting, I would also be concerned about the size of the quilting machine's throat. If I were choosing between a 9 or 11" throat on a frame system and a 16" throat in a sit-down system, I would personally choose the 16" sit-down.

Selecting a quilting system is very much a matter of personal preference, space available, finances, etc. I think it's better not to purchase something that doesn't get used (even if it's a "good buy"), because just having it is a barrier to getting what you really want later.