View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Cactus Stitchin

I hope this is not out of line but here goes....... I would like to thank all of you for providing such a fascinating, educational and inspiring experience for those of us who did not participate but followed closely the journey’s that you have taken. As a newbie in the quilting world, I had never heard of a medallion quilt so had no idea of what was to come. Earlier I had been fascinated by a round robin Jaba and Brat had participated in, so I knew this would be a fantastic learning experience for me. As each of you worked, or struggled, with a round I would empathize with your pain, but be completely captivated looking at the work in progress, imaging the how the suggestions would influence the quilt overall and admiring the solutions each of you found to make a round work. It had never occurred to me how changing the orientation of a block, adding a narrow liner, or changing a color would enhance the overall look of the quilt. The biggest revelations for me were the importance of the starting size, accuracy of the ¼ inch seam, and the math required to make a block.

I admire each of the quilts that were made, and have gained a whole new perspective and appreciation of how all the of these factors influence a project. A huge thank you to everyone who participated and for the astonishing learning experience you have provided.

Last edited by Cactus Stitchin; 06-19-2014 at 09:58 AM.