View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:18 PM
SlightlyOffQuilter

Default Sweet, Sweet, Sumertime !

The oh so sweet and yummy watermelon panel tablecloth has been delivered to its rightful home on my grandmothers dining room table !

Thought I normally hate using a light colored binding on ANYTHING, since she requested it, I did it.
Once the last leaf comes out of the table it will sit just right. It is still in need of washing to get the last of the chalk lines out, but I wanted to get pictures of it actually ON her table when I dropped it off today.
She has her eye on a watermelon bowl that she saw when she was out earlier this week, for the center of the table, and I think that will look perfect !

For all of you screaming ” OMG look at all that WHITE on the TABLE with no plastic to protect it ” please relax, as the inside dining room table is never used in the summer ! It is kitchen or screened in porch dining only !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479880[/ATTACH]

This was taken before trimming and binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479881[/ATTACH]

I was at a loss as to how to quilt the actual panel squares, so I just tacked them using a 3 inch grid, just as if I was going to tie them, only I FMQ'd some short side to side stitches instead ! ( pardon the chalk marking lines )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479878[/ATTACH]

Some close ups of the quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479879[/ATTACH]

Finished size : 60 x 60
Attached Thumbnails dscn3238.jpg   dscn3233.jpg   dscn3230.jpg   dscn3229.jpg   dscn3232.jpg