View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Bee Beatty

Default Block for Moonrise - Fabric Choice

Hey Jade Boomers.......Its squishies galore in the house tonight! Have everything opened and in three ring binder. Started selecting patterns and fabrics. Just catching up reading all the posts and ROTFLOL! Who says quilting isn't good exercise!

All these fabrics are going to keep me dreaming about block designs tonight. I am headed into block making seclusion tomorrow. I have already told my DH that the kitchen will be closed tomorrow! (Except for periods of intense fabric cutting .

Moonrise, after seeing your fabric, I went into a state of obsession...digging into, pulling out and opening boxes .....trying to find that beautiful piece of fabric from the 2007 Kona Bay collection that I had to buy a few years back! I was thinking....where the heck did I put that.....it is perfect to design into this fabric. So much for organization! My sewing room now looks like it has been ravaged by high winds. I did find the fabric so not all is lost! This will be my first block for Boom 13. Moonrise, this fabric has endless possibilities with your fabric.

Here is a photo. I am wanting to go with a center finished at 6 inches showcasing the birds and then fussy cut for integrated smaller blocks. Any thoughts? The flowers also blend very well with your fabric.

Bee
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-jade-moonrise-block-3.jpg