View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
Please consider "going home" gift pet mats....

Pat
Here is a pic of the pet mats that I make and donate to the rescue groups who do pet adoptions at the pet food stores. This size fits in the bottom of medium and small carriers. For the large dogs, I just bring in bunches of towels to give to the rescue groups. For the shelters, I donate towels, sheets and blankets.

To make the mats, I used tshirt knit on one size, corduroy on the other and old mattress pad, blanket or towel for batting. The mat size is 18" x 20" to 20" x 20". For the cat ones, I sometimes sprinkle a little catnip inside. I use my serger to sew around the mat, leave an opening to turn and then topstitch around the whole mat to close it. I tack stitch in the middle to keep it all together and presto I have pet mats. A quilter donated a large trash bag full of corduroy for my use. Once I run outta tshirt knit, I will peruse the big box remnant bins for discounted fleece to use

Because I unsuccessfully fostered two stray cats (I own them now) I know how expensive it can be to take care of rescue animals so I try to help the rescue groups when I can contribute. I have suggested that they give the pet mats away with adoptions but I see them sometimes in the bottoms of the cages when I am in the pet stores.

I also own two rescue cats, the one in my avatar and my sewing buddy below.

Mats:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480585[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]480586[/ATTACH]

Sewing buddy:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480587[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20140627_090812.jpg   20140627_090825.jpg   samson-2.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-27-2014 at 06:49 AM.