View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 AM
willferg

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I love Google Earth! I can be anywhere in the world I want to be in just a few seconds. LOL. The amount of tiny islands in the ocean that have populations is amazing to me. I love the fact I can cruise the streets and sightsee just like I was driving, camel riding, or cart pulling as the case may be. I love to visit historical and ancient sites. If my little ole home is something someone wants to see then fine with me.
Have you ever checked out Geoguessr? It's an online game based on Google maps that shows you a picture somewhere in the world, and you have to guess where you are. You can move up and down the streets a ways for clues. Usually license plates on cars are blurred for privacy, but sometimes you can tell from signage what language is used, or you can see what side of the road people are driving on, or...it's fun to stretch your mind to figure it out. In the end, you click where on a map you think you might be, and then the screen shows you where you actually are, and you get points depending on how close you guess. It's fun!

https://geoguessr.com/